You will be creating two template files, one for Imperial and one for Metric.
Open the attached files in this order for instructions on creating the templates:
- Imperial Engineering Dimensions (Read pages 233 - 234 in the Mechanical Drawing textbook)
- Metric Dimensions
If the HELP files are not installed on your computer, you can use the Design Center to copy the Layers from the Imperial template to the Metric template. After copying, you will have to reload the linetypes in the Metric Template.
Place the "METRIC" box on each Layout of the Metric Template. Text should be 6 mm and the box should be 12 mm tall.
When finished with the template, save it as a DWT file to your student number on the server.
Days to complete: 2
In the Imperial template, draw the following symbols to the left of the drawing limits. Place these on the Dimension layer and convert each one into a polyline.
When you need these symbols, you can copy and paste them in the drawing.
After creating these in the Imperial Template, you can copy and paste them to the Metric Template and then scale them up by 25.4
Edit the Multileader style of each template to reflect these settings:
- Arrowhead size = .125" or 3 mm
- Leader Break size = .125" or 3 mm
- Landing distance = .25" or 6 mm
- Text height = .125" or 3 mm
- Both Leader connections should be Middle of Top Line
- Landing Gap = .09 or 2 mm